Question

WantingCredit

I received a credit card denial letter from my bank because they were unable to verify my address.
I applied for a credit card on line through my bank. I received a denial letter saying that they couldn't verify my address. Do I need to go to the bank and have them verify my address? Or do I need to send a letter to Equifax? They charge a fee and you get a credit report and a number to speak to ' a real person.'

I'd walk into the bank

speak to a new accounts manager face to face.   Computers are just not that understanding. 

If it the bank that you do business with already, they should have no problem verifing your address.  

There is often a Type-o issue on address verification.  I had this issue once with an account and it all stemmed from the way i wrote my address compared to how it was written by what ever system they used to verify the address.  I wrote   "APT #612"   The USPS only shows it as  #612,  Its was the "APT"  that I wrote in that kick it out of their system as "Unverifiable" 

It's the little things that can screw up the big things!