Question

Treyphish

I received a collections letter for a fraudulent charge. What do I do?
A fraudulent company charged my card for several hundred dollars. I successfully filed a chargeback over 1 year ago. Today I received an email from a collections agency that claims I owe the money in 2 days. The only information they have is my name, email address, and an incorrect mailing address.

I do not want this fraudulent charge to end up hurting my credit score so I feel like I should document my dispute, but my instinct is to ignore this clearly baseless claim.

I am not sure how to proceed. Can someone please advise?

Talk to a consumer law attorney and possibly sue them for FDCPA violations, keep all emails and correspondence from them as evidence.