Question

lifecontrol

I really don't want to file for bankruptcy,is there a better option that can improve my score?
I HAVE ALREADY FILED BANKRUPTCY 2 before. This time,I've been helping family and it put me in a rut. I really need help.

Most Helpful Response

Look for a legitimate non profit consumer counseling group to help your manage your debts.

Bankruptcy HURTS credit score!!!

Bankruptcy is not a good thing because it really hurts your credit score for the next ten years, whereas late payments only hurt for no more than 7 years.  Paying bills as agreed and making sure they get paid in full helps yyour credit.

I really suggest you read the articles provided on this site (look on the left side of this page under resources) because the full purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people all about how credit works, how to use it wisely, and how to build a good credit score.  Those are necessary- skills in today's societyu. 

3rd Time's The Charm

I know your post is from a year ago but I'm in a situation now that I've never been in and considering a second bankruptcy.  Since you have done it before, you know the pluses and minuses.  My guideline was always this:  Ask yourself...  As declaring bankruptcy stays on your credit record for 7 to 10 years, if you DO NOT declare bankruptcy again, are the chances good or even realistic that you will be in a better financial position after those same 7 to 10 years?    When I realized that I was still going to be in trouble after 10 years, my decision was easy.  I declared.

Lets see you have filed bankruptcy twice before.  Guess you did not learn how to manage from those two times and your back in the same boat.   You need to learn to budget & manage your monies alot better,   until you do bankruptcy is not an option as you will keep doing as an out.