Question

radar240

I purchased an auto and the dealer did 4 hard inquiries is there any way to remove them?
I had a 760 Fico so no
Clue why so many inquiries were necessary

Most Helpful Response

Dealerships will often check with multiple banks to get you the best possible interest rate. A credit check done from each bank will result in a hard inquiry from each of those banks. As long as it was you that walked into the dealership and signed the papers, then you can't dispute those inquiries. They will stay on your credit report for 2 years, but their effect on your credit score usually only lasts 6-12 months.

I just noticed that too. I refused to let the salesman have my soc. security until I had the deal I wanted. The financial "advisor" said he was shopping for the best rate for financing. Then I saw it took 4 hard hits to do this. I thought borrowing for a car was suppose to help your credit rating......

How do I remove a reposession

after paying the fees to get the car returned. My credit report is showing that it is currently. Is there a way to regmove this?