Question

RLC14

I payed off an account in collections, now I have no score available?
I paid off an old bill I had, and when I ckecked my score this morning, it said that I have no credit score. It went from a (poor) 552 to saying "N/A".

I don't have any credit cards. I am trying to build my credit up. Did I make a mistake by paying off a bill before getting a credit card?

Take the time to read the articles here so you can understand how credit works. apply for a secured credit card, then work on building your credit profile, as indicated in the articles.  I don't know if waiting on the payment until you had a card would have changed things or not.  Just learn from the articles then move forward from here.