I payed my balance off in full but still got charged interest?
I paid off my capital one card and still got charged interest and the beggining of the billing cycle. I called and spoke to someone and they told me I basically had to pay off my balances in full for 2 months because my interest was charged based on my average balance each month, even though I paid this balance off in full and it reflected on my statement. My only question is: If I started this billing cycle with a 2.54$ balance because of the interest, then doesnt that mean the same thing will continue. Technically, wouldnt it be impossible to start a billing cycle with a 0$ balance if youre being charged interest based on the average monthly balance? Or is there something Im not understanding clearly?