Question

Phantomhemi510

I payed an account off with a collector CRSI based in CA,but they never reported, and they r closed
So I had an original debt from Fred Meyer jewelers of about $2100 it went to collection.in 2010 I was contacted by a collection agency CRSI based in my state of CA I made monthly payments via my checking account the. In jan of 2011 payed the remaining balance of $1500 in a lump sum to the company I recorded the conversation. Was told I would get a letter in the mail, but never did then. Late 2012 found out that the same account number was sold to some other company and they are contacting me saying I owe $6000 + ...I tried to contact CRSI but they are no longer in business and a bad note from BBB .the new company has marked the account as a recently opened account. What do I do I can't afford to pay again and what if the same thing happens again ...please help

Contact the credit agencies

I seems to me that you should gather all of the "evidence" that you have and make copies and mail it to each credit agency and see if they will take it off of your credit report. Also, if what you are saying is true and you have proof you should take this new collection agency to small claims court. If you have all the proof you say, then you should be able to win in court. Either way you need to get the ball rolling to get your problem solved.