Question

shwmethemoola1

I pay my cards off monthly with less than 10% debt at any one time, but score is getting lower-why?
I have one account with a set payment amount, but will be paid off early next month because the early payoff will help to boost my credit. All of my other accounts are paid in full every month, are not used every month, and overall carry less than 10% debt at any one time, I've also increased my avail. credit with the addition of new credit within past two months, yet my score has gone down from 728 to 715. I don't know why it has not gone up as anticipated and no clue as to why my good payment habits have not further improved my credit score - any ideas why it would be going in the wrong direction?

Most Helpful Response

The new credit has likely dropped your age of credit history which will have a minimal negative impact on your score but that should recover relatively quickly. Keep doing what you are doing!

any time you add a new credit line

It will impact your score.  They want to see how you handle it.  Sounds like your doing the right things. Just keep on going. 

Truth is your scores fluctuate all the time.  Adding a new account will drop your score 10 to 15 points.  It should bounce back quickly.  Stay aware of your score and only apply for new credit when your score is up where you want it to be.  Age of the accounts will have an impact too.  Great scores come when the majority of your accounts are over 6 years old Then your score will fluctuate much less.  Till then Ride the wave and realize that your doing it right.