Question

smendora

I pay my balance off every month, am I helping or hurting my score doing this?
Sometimes I don't even use my cards for a few months, is this a good thing or should I try to use them every month even if it is for small purchases?

Good for you in paying in full every month.  That is the smart way to use credit and it helps your score. You don't want the cards to go inactive and one way to prevent inactivity is to have each card take over the payment every month of some regularly recurring expense that you have to pay, such as cell phone, cable/satellite TV. Netflix, regular shipments like nutrition supplements, you get the idea. And check the articles [here for other ideas on building your score. You're doing very well.