Question

mmrojas64

I pay all of my bills ontime but my score went down, why?
I have paid my bills ontime but my score keeps going down. Why is this and how can I increase my score?

Most Helpful Response

Paying your bills on time is certainly important, maybe the most important way to protect your credit, but it isn't the only thing.  Consider the other factors that are monitored here on CreditKarma.com.  They include things like how much of your available credit you are using, how many hard credit inquiries you've had in recent years, etc.  Most of all, if your credit score is good, don't obsess that it went down a few points.  Just maintain your good credit habits, and never borrow money just to build up your credit score.