Question

MIMIBURAS

I PAY ALL MY BILLS ON TIME OR EARLY, WHY ISNT MY CREDIT SCORE RAISING??

Most Helpful Response

It takes time for any negatives that may be on your credit report to drop off, and until they do, your credit score may remain at a plateau.  Mine is, but it's now better than it was when I first joined, so I'm not upset.  There are negatives on my account that will take a few more years to drop off, so I'll be patient and not do anything to cause a drop in my credit score.

FYI-paying credit card bills before the statement comes in and paying EVERYTHING you have charged even before it shows on the statement only hurts your credit score by not showing any "usage".  I hope you are not doing so.  Just pay the balance due on the statement when it comes in.  You won't be charged interest that way.

sammiamsam8133

Hi and thank you for your reply.  No, I pay my bill credit card bill when it's due or a bit early but never just after I've charged something on it.  I may make payments towards my credit card bill during the month but usually only pay the balance owed on or just a few days before the due date.  I make these payments towards the balance owed during the month only to make the total balance owed less when the card is due to make the amount I have to pay less.  Again, I never pay the full balance owed on the card until it is due at the end of that month.