Question

andybones

I pay a Time Warner Cable bill every month
, but yet I don't have enough to build a credit report, shouldn't this be enough? Been paying the bill for 3 years, never late payment.

Comcast

Most utilities only report information to the credit bureaus if you go late and fall into collections.  Water, Gas, Electric, Cable, etc.  None of these report positive payment history.  As such, you will have no positive payment history from them.

You will want to obtain a secured Visa / Mastercard and start building positive payment history through that.  

I always recommend speaking with a credit expert when addressing the negative items on your credit.  Most reputable companies will provide a complimentary review of your credit (such as ours) but be sure to check their reviews out before engaging them.

If you'd like further assistance, please feel free to click on my profile name and my contact info is there.

Sincerely,

Joe Orsak