I paid off several credit cards but they still show negatively on my report
I paid off several credit cards in full but it hasn't helped my credit score and they still show negatively on my credit report. How do I get this taken care of.

REG1982

when did you pay them off---you need to give it anywhere from 30 to 120 days for everything to go full circle and show up--( most the time its 30 to 60 )----now if they were ever past due--then that negative will stay on your credit report even though they show a zero balance--and also paying off a credit card to a zero balance WILL drop your score a little--to keep credit moving up--you have to use a certain amount--if you decide to carry a balance--keep it lower that 20% total credit utililzaion--the lower the better-even 1% is ok---

Response by
redcoupe

Submit to the Community