Question

Babydoll8962

I paid off my secured credit card and my score went down and it's not showing that it's paid off
Now I have collections after me but Medical

More detail

Where does it show that its not paid off? Credit Karma doesnt update instantly and would take a week to a month to update, not sure on their exact timeline. Credit scores will typically increase if the full balance is paid simply because of the utilization ratio being low.

It seems to me that when you pay off a credit card it takes more time to reflect on your report, I have seen it take 2 months for some of mine. The medical collections is what pulled your score down.  Once the pay off on the CC is reported you should see an increase in score.

Your score dropped isn't from paying off your credit cards, simply because you said "it's not showing it's paid" credit scores are calculated from your report, if it isn't on there? It can not affect your score one way or another... Are those credit cards still open when you pay it or its in collection? If it's open, credit card companies usually only report to credit bureaus once a month, CRAs could take another day or two to update their records and your CK report only update once a week, so it can take 4~5 weeks after you pay before you see the change here.