Question

PostScriptedLove

I paid off my car note. in the remarks it says paid by dealer and still shoes a delinguint balance.
I had an auto loan and was told that they would report to the credit bureaus. I have paid the car off and it shows that I have a delinguint balance of $151.00 past 30 days and remarks state that the car was paid off by dealer. It doesn't reflect any of my on time payments and has not improved my credit score. What can I do?

First write a Validation letter

Google it for a template and more info.   this will require them to cerify the delinquent amount and weather it was reported correctly.

Sounds to me like the dealer was actually the lender and most do not report to the CRA's. specially if they only sell used cars.

There is nothing you can do to get payments made to a private (dealer) lender to reflect on your Credit Report.  They have to pay to report and usually do not have a regular reporting contract with the CRA's. Learn from your experience.