Question

LMIch1972

I paid off most of my debt. My score decreased then went back where it was. Why didn't it increase?
I paid all of the debts on my report. My score went down, which I expected, but when it came back up, it only went to the level it was at before I paid them off. If this is the case, why should we bother to pay them off?

Most Helpful Response

LMlch1972

Credit Karma and the credit rating companies are a BIG JOKE. I am totally debt free except for the balances on my credit cards, which I pay in full each month. I have never missed a payment or been late on a payment. My credit rating was a lot higher when my debt was close to 6 figures. They want you in debt. Whenever I get an email from Credit Karma saying that my credit score is out of date, I always check just for the fun of it. The whole credit score thing is a big sham, in my opinion.