Question

Msfit1139

I paid off Mcard/Visa accounts but am still being billed monthly interest. Can this stop?
How can I stop monthly interest charges on paid off Mcard/Visa accounts. I read that its good for my credit rating not to close these paid accounts but how can I stop these monthly charges?

Most Helpful Response

You are confused, interest is not charged if there is no balance. Sometime if you pay off a card in full just prior to the statement date, interest may have not been applied to the amount that you just paid off, so there may be a small amount that comes due shortly after your payment. As already said you may be being billed for card fees, some cards bill this monthly (Credit One does I believe). Do some reading on all of this and DO NOT close any cards as that can damage your credit if you don't have many accounts.

Msfit1139

All of the invoices state that these are interest charges and not fees. How can I stop this?

Is it interest or is it monthly fee? 

Msfit1139

The invoices each state that these are interest charges & not fees. I paid off these accounts last month. How can I stop this?