Question

tbanal74

I paid off all my collection debts. I'm trying to increase my credit score but it dropped why?

Can't really answer your question without seeing your full credit report, but how many good active accounts do you have?  If you haven't already, get a credit card (if your score is low you'll probably have to get a secured card) to starting building good credit.  It will take a few months, so be patient.  If you already have a credit card, then keep a balance of 1-3% of your credit limit on it at all times and your score will increase.  Best of luck!

Credit score dropping

I would like to know the same question. I just recently paid off over 3,000 on different debts. At first my score increased over 3 months, then the bottom fell out as soon as my bank of America credit card was reported, not sure exactly if that is what happened but that's the only thing I opened, and it's a secured credit card. One score dropped -15 points while the other dropped-10! Extremely frustrating. Would like to know if you ever found out what causes this?