Question

hschoneb

I paid off a loan and my credit score plummeted by more than 50 points.
It's probably because it posted as a closed ccount. Can I challenge this and request that it be posted as a paid off loan instead of a closed account? If so, how would I do that?

It does not matter if the account is closed or paid loan, the fact is that the account is in fact paid and closed.  The decrease in your score is because it is no longer a current running line of credit.   Your credit report only carries active accounts.   When it was paid, and closed, the average age of your current accounts changed.  The line of credit also reduced your overall.   Accounts only count for you as long as they are active.