Question

joejccva71

I paid off a collection, they reported it as Settled and my FICO score dropped 15 points? Um, what?
They told me over the phone that they were going to list it as Paid off in full, but they listed it as Settlement. This was before I knew about Credit Karma site. What can I do? They also stated that they do not remove entries from credit report.

In the FICO scoring models, other than newish FICO9? It dose not distinguish between paid and unpaid collections, let alone if its listed as paid off in full or settlements.... The dropping in your scores most likely caused by other things than the status change of collections. Yes, paid in itself isn't ground for removal from your credit report.