Question

getitrightgreg

I paid a settlement offer by creditor in full.Now they are trying to sue for original
I accepted the settlement which was in writing, as it was closer to the original amount due, from the Creditor. I paid the full amount agreed upon within the time frame given. Now the Creditor is trying to sue for the rest plus even MORE add-ons. The written agreement states the all other charges were to be wiped out when the settlement was paid. Now what am I to do. this thing has grown out of control. What are my rights? These people have lied to me and left me feeling there is nothing I can do.

Most Helpful Response

Since you have this agreement in writing, they are legally obliged to honor that agreement.  Gather such things as cancelled checks from the bank and have that along with the copy of the agreement when you go to court.                  

If you have the writing; that is legally binding in court.  Just produce the agreement if they try to take you to court.