Question

cluelesscollegestudent

I paid a collection and the CA sent me a letter stating that they requested the bureaus to delete it
No idea if the CA is going to report my account as "paid in full" or if they're going to remove the item. I paid it in full to get approved for an apartment since it was an old housing debt. I was very polite with the CA and agreed to pay the full amount if she sent me a letter as proof of payment immediately after to give to the apartment I was applying for.

I got my signed letter, and it states:
"The undersigned further affirms that payment in full of the above referenced debt has been reported to the following credit reporting services:" *credit bureaus were listed*

Then it states:
"****We have requested the above listed account to be deleted from all credit bureaus*****"

So what is going on? Maybe they're going to report it as "paid in full" but ask for the line to be deleted?

Most Helpful Response

What's going on is what you've just said. They updated the account and then deleted it. By law they have to mark it as paid in full with a $0 balance if you pay it in full. They are being extremely kind to have it removed from your reports as by law they do not have to. Hopefully in the next week or so it will disappear. If it does not, call the credit bureaus and ask them when it will be deleted as you have a letter from the company reporting that it will be deleted. This is great news!! Congratulations!!

Oh okay. Thank you! 

I was hoping for a pay-for-delete but didn't really bother asking for it since I just needed to pay it for my apartment as soon as possible. 

I guess kindness took me to the next level :)