Question

wbars

I own a home. Where's a score for that?

Most Helpful Response

It is an asset, but has nothing to do with credit.  Please read the articles here so you can learn more (see the left side of the page).  Credit Karma is about helping people learn how to build and maintain a good credit score so that credit can work for them.

meteque

Even though you are right in saying it has nothing to do with credit, owning a house outright should tell a prospective lender that this person represents much less risk than someone who has a mortgage with mortgage payment  (or pays rentmonth) that amounts to a substantial portion of this person's total monthly expenditures. But that's not how credit reports work, as they ONLY reflect your credit history.

wbars

What if I refraze my question?  My home is mortgaged.  I didn't see it listed on my credit report.