Posted in Site Suggestions

I owe on an apartment where i signed a joint lease what are my options and rights.
collections is making me cover the debt in full even though there is another party on the debt to be collected. i have offered to pay my half of the debt but the collection agency is requiring me pay in full with out holding the other party accountable for the other half. Is this legal and if so what are my options to settle this debt. I have been dealing with this for years and not only is it hurting my credit but it is hard to apply for car loans and getting another lease on a new place.