Question

Palendromical

I Owe Money, But the Amount is wrong.
A previous residence did not account for my pet deposit ($350) when charging me for damages ($700) meaning while I acknowledge I owe them some money, I don't owe them the whole thing (I have paperwork). I want to buy a house in about 8 months. The account in question is the only collection on my credit and is from 2012. What is the best way to handle this keeping in mind I want the best possible credit when I apply for a mortgage in 8 months.

Read about "pay for delete agreements". You are probably on the hook for the entire amount as too much time has lapsed for any legal processes.