Question

howery

I owe it's for over payment of refund. will bankruptry stop that
I owe the irs for over paying me on my tax return. My taxes returns were figured wrong and I got more then I should. 3 years for about 12000.00 total if I file bankruptcy will it stop that collection

No.

Taxes are something that cannot be eliminated by bankruptcy.  Instead, if your taxes were prepared by a professional, they signed them and that meant they swear that the taxes are correct, so they may be responsible.  Otherwise, contact the agency you owe the overpayment to and work out a repayment agreement.  Believe it or not, the IRS has very workable repayment arrangements if you ask for their help.

howery

So if I can't file on the overpayment. Why can they charge interest like a loan?