Question

alicefive

I owe a collection agency for one open account.
The problem is I had a couple of accounts from the same agency age out after 7 years. They were removed from my credit report. I am now able to pay the one still in collections( a nominal amount)if I contact them about the open account will they try to collect on the accounts that aged out and were removed? I don't want to open a can of worms. I know that legally they can't collect but am afraid they will still try if they notice there were other accounts that went unpaid.

Most Helpful Response

I take it that this account will not age off any time soon? I also assume that you are going to try to get a "pay for delete agreement"? I guess if you contact them about this account and a pay-for-delete and they bring up the other accounts, you should tell them that you are unable to speak about any other accounts then the account at hand and DO NOT go any further with discussing the accounts that have already aged off. You may also consider sending them a letter with the pay for delete offer, then that way they cannot ask you questions about the other accounts.

alicefive

it won't age off for about 2 years. I think that is a good idea about the letter. I see I was right about opening a can of worms. I think they would try to come after me. I wish I could pay them all off but unfortunately I am unable to work anymore. Thanks so much for your help!

Three Collections

Hello, 

I have three accoutns in collection. All totaling no more than $3000. How do I remove them from my report. How can i increase a score of 530. I've nevere asked for help and now need to fix my credit. Any thought, or help would be appreciated.