Question

veronicamb94

i owe 975 in credit card debts how can i increase my 549 score fast?
i've been late on payments 5 times only had my cards for a year and lost my job so wasn't able to make payments. How can i increase my score fast. Im able to make payments and have been paying them off for the past month deposit every two weeks, my score has gone up 15 within a month but want it to go higher. Will it help if i pay it all off now?

Most Helpful Response

unfortunately NO it won't haing missed the pyment and missed several payments has already done major damage....the key with credit cards to make the MINIMUM payment in a worse case senerio which is roughly $30 for most cards and keeping utilization under 20% those are the 2 main keys to excellent credit...ie: I have 3 credit cards thats it and age of accounts is 2 years but I have a 769 because i keep my utilization under 10% and pay every month.....the best thing you can do know is wait it out will take years 3-5 to bring your score back up after missing 5 payments but it can be done if you continue to make atleast the MINIMUM payment and keep utilization under 20% (10% is the best...but hard for a lot of people) best of luck and unfortunately only positive marks over a long period will bring your score up but in a few months 6 minimum if you've kept the good rythme I would suggest getting another credit card through capital one very easy to get a low tier card from them because you need more then one line of credit to really biuild up your score but you need to wait atleast 6 months to show a positive change to the company since they only see you as a number and some data not a person