Question

MikeP696

I opened an amazon.com Visa for a $50 Gift card, will closing it right away hurt my credit score?
I opened the Visa to claim the $50 Gift card against my purchase today. I have no need or true use for another credit card, so I'd like to close the card next month. Will openeing and closing a new card in a 1 month time span hurt my credit score?

I currently have 4 credit cards only one has a balance and it generally carries less than 5% on balance. I don't even have a balance on this new card I should add, I paid the balance of my purchase with my debit card.

Ultimately do I just hang on to this card and not use it or close it right away and enjoy my free $50.