Question

socal225

I opened 5 credit cards within a 4 month period....good/bad?
My credit score is pretty bad. It's around 580. About a year ago it was around 530. I got a loan to finance a car back in 10/14 and after that I started receiving offers. I took a few in hopes to build my credit and eventually opened 3 more. I was under the impression that if you had a few credit cards and demonstrated the abilty to pay them in time and keeping the balance under %20 would be beneficial. Now I am reading that too many credit cards are bad. So what is the best thing I can do now that I have 5 credit cards?

I haven't had any late payments and my balances are around 30%. I also just applied to refinance my car loan....perhaps I should have waited. The biggest hits i hve on my credit score are inquiries....please help. Tks