Question

sdlm

I notice a derogatory on my credit history.
Back in 2005, we sold a volvo to a buyer and mailed a bill of sale to DOL in Olympia. This buyer got a ticket for parking and because he did not pay to cover the citation, City of Seattle forwarded to Alliance One for collection. When we received the notice, I went to City of Seattle to find out what the reason for such citation. We found out that the buyer never changed to his name on the title and the citation went to my name. I sent a letter to Alliance One to explain. They said they would take care of it… apparently it has not until August 6, 2012 the collection was paid by the buyer. I just found out by calling Alliance One today. They said for me to contact you to remove the derogatory from my credit history. Please follow up and let me know the next step.

Most Helpful Response

dispute the derogatory mark on your credit report with the bureau that shows this derogatory remark. explain the issue with them and fax off any information they request to prove that this was infact not your problem and that it was the person who you sold your car to.. if you have to go as far as showing proof of the bill of sale then do so make sure the dates on the bill of sale are before the date that person was citated on. 

sdlm

Thank you....I thought I had done that some years ago.  Apparently someone didn't follow up.  Will try once again.

if they still do not work with you then be very persistent! they will eventually get tired as much as your tired of having to repeat this action to clear your name. and hopefully the bureau will just delete it themselves.