Question

jump4466

I noted two inquiries and I did not apply for anything.How. Can I find. out who made them.
I noticed I had two inquires in January and I did not request them. What can I do to stop unrequested inquires.

Pull a copy of your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com and that will tell you.  Please be aware, any creditors that you currently have will check your credit monthly as part of their collection efforts, which is totaly legal and is not a "hard" inquiry.  However, if you see inquiries from companies you don't recognize, then contact the bureaus and tell them you did not authorize these inquiries and to remove them from your report.  If they think the inquiries are due to potential identity theft, they may also put an alert on your file, which prompts potential creditors to check the ID of anyone asking for credit under your name.  Good luck!