Question

jmsala

I never filed bankruptcy, I pulled the bankruptcy and paid all the bills.
I have tried to get the credit companies to acknowlegde this but I have not been successful. Is there anyone or a company available to assist with cleaning up my credit report?

It doesn't show as a bankruptcy on your credit report, does it?

Paying off collection companies is essentially just as bad as a bankruptcy, as far as your credit history goes....  except all record of that will be gone 7 years after your last payment, instead of the public record of the bankruptcy sticking around for 10 years.

I hope you didn't pay after they were more than a couple years delinquent... unless you thought a lawsuit was eminent.  Depends a lot on what state you're in, but in Texas, they can't really do a whole lot.  (unlimited bank exemption, homestead, car, can't garner wages, civil lawsuit statute of limitations is 5 years)