Question

tmimse

i needs to know about hard inquires
i am in the process of trying to refi my home and i am searching several different Banks as options. They have pulled credit reports on me which due to 3 hard inquires now on my report has brought my score from excellent down to good. i was under the impression that if they were all for the same reason that it should only count as 1, not 3... please help!

Hard inquiries

The "Shopping" period for FICO 08 is 45 days.  If they are running off of a scoring model prior to FICO 08 the shopping period for same industry is 14 days.  I'm less familiar with Vantage 3.0 but my research tells me that the shopping period for it is 14 days.  So, while you may take a heavier hit here on CreditKarma who uses Vantage 3.0, with a mortgage lender or FICO based score model the hit should be less if the 3 induiries are in that 45 day period.

If you need further assistance, click on my profile and my contact info is there.

Hope that helps,

Joe