Question

karmamustel

I need to settle a debt, but the collections company has bad reviews
I admit, I got scammed. Someone used my good credit to help them get a phone from ATT and Verizon, which they then sold and messed my credit up. Yes, they duped me and now I'm trying to fix my debt to the companies. I've got settlement offers from ERC but they have bad reviews. I just want to fix my credit score. www.payerc.com. I'm not sure if I should accept their offers to settle and if it will really help my credit score. They have bad reviews. Will settling this help my credit score at all or am I screwed either way? And how can I be sure they report to the reporting agencies that the matter is settled? I'm not sure what to do. I just want to fix my credit score

Bad reviews? I think most debt collectors have bad reviews, so don't concern yourself with that. Be aware that paying them is not going to improve your credit much, it will just get the account marked as paid. Settling vs. Paying in Full is really no difference either way. What you should be doing is trying to get a "pay for delete agreement". So do some research on that as that may be your best option.