Question

helpless21

I need to raise my score in 5 months from 554 to 640 help please & thank you please read details
My score is 554 i need it to be at least 640 I just got a secured credit card for 200 dollar credit limit. I have some closed accounts on my report that were in collections some paid in full others paid with a settlement. I just paid them all off in the last 6-8 months I have only seen a 10point difference. Ck did update them but my score hasnt improved as much as I thought it would. I had over 4,000 in debt collections to pay off. I have heard from a lender that if I want my credit score to sky rocket I only use 10% of my 200$ credit card and get 2 more secured credit cards with the same limit pay them off every month; but I have heard to pay off your credit card every time you use it and thats even better. Also I have heard with a lawyer you can get those collections even when they are settled or closed deleted off your credit report. I am 21years old living in a horrible unsafe place and I have no idea how to do any of this because ive heard so many different answers..please help thank you btw for reading this its kinda a book for details

Most Helpful Response

It can't hurt to get a couple more secured cards. You can also get a secured loan, which mixes up your types of credit (which helps your score even more). A credit card is "revolving" credit, while a loan is "installment" credit.