Question

Workinggirlfriend

I need to know how long will it take me to reach a credit score of 700 and/or better?

too many variables

you should start off by looking at your overall report and make sure that there arent any wrong information on there that needs disputing.  that alone would help raise your score if there are things that needs to be deleted off your report.

keep all utilization super low to no balances at all.  ideally under 20 percent 

no more than 2or 3 inquries a year

along with ontime payments....you'll shoot up to the high 600s and low 700s in under a year.  IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY COLLECTIONS, LATE PAYMENT HISTORY OR DEROGATORY MARKS.

hope that helps

There is no given time frame to achieve such a goal.  What is needed is getting all negatives currently on your credit reports (if there are any) cleared up so they are eliminated, building a sound credit portfolio of credit cards, "big ticket"  purchases and consumer loans with excellent payment history and using credit wisely.  Consider reviewing the articles presented on this site, and experimenting with the interactive financial tools.  I know my score went up to the point where I was able to buy a brand-new car last July and the interest is under 3%.  Took me about 5 years to get there and I still have some things that need improving.  My score with the regular bureaus is in the high 600s, and that is the number that counts.