Question

carlyoverholser1

I need to dispute an account on my report. It has been paid and is still showing in collections.
I paid an account for Professional Credit Service in the amount of $2,402 on 3/3/14 and it is still showing as in collections on my report. I have confirmed with the company already that they updated their records as of 3/14/14 that my account was closed and paid in full. I need this to be updated on my report to help my score.

Most Helpful Response

It may not show up on here for another week or two.  Just a timing thing.  It will still show as a collection account, but a paid collection instead of unpaid, which is slightly better for your score.  Just wait a bit longer.

American Express

The American Express account that is showing a balance of $1,500 has been paid is is closed because of the death of my husband. It should not have a balance at all.

I'm having the same issue. It's been a couple of months, and the account is stilling showing up as "in collections", even though I've just confirmed with the collections agency that it was paid in full. 

medical bills

was supposed to be run on medicaid and they put into collections instead of running it can someone help

Still there

Sent pay off letters to two credit reporting agencies weeks ago to show that the account was paid off in full years ago because on here it's still showing up that I'm still in active collections which I am not. They are taking it that I am disputing it, well I am sort of. I just want this to show that this account  have been paid off and not open/active in collections. Now can someone please tell me what will be the next step?????

Annie

I have the same problem---only mine was paid off last year in June. WESCOM even sent it out to another collection agency again after I had paid it off!!! How can I dispute this????

Beentherewon

Contact me I can possible help 800 270 4747

Beentherewon