Question

JohnnyShiloh

I need my credit card usage to show up on my Credit Report ASAP
I've never had bad credit, but abandoned credit cards for 20 years, using cash instead, then learned the hard way what's it's like to have no credit because of "insufficient credit history."

Now my credit is larely restored, but I delayed in using one credit card. I'm trying to buy a piece property, but the banker says that in order to qualify me he needs to see that the third card is showing up on my credit reports.
SO today I'm using the credit card for sure.

BUT, I am concerned how long it will take for my usage of the card to show up in the credit bureaus so I can get the loan. I want this property badly. Is there ANY THING I can do to speed up the process? Would it do any good to ask the credit card company to expedite the process? Should I send copies of the receipts to the banker? Any suggestions at all?

Most Helpful Response

You have to be patient..

They won't report to the bureaus until after your biling cycle closes. Is this a new card? Also, there is no law stating that they have to report to any bureaus. The cad companies have to pay to report your history. Try and call the credit card company. The CRAs dont care what your purchased with the card. They want to hear payment history from the card comany.

JohnnyShiloh

Thank you scin77, very helpful!  I will call the credit card company.