Question

6260

I Need Help With My Credit Score.
I HAD 2 Derogatory Marks ON MY REPORT AND MY SCORE WAS A 653 1 WAS REMOVE AND MY SCORE WENT DOWN BY 14 POINTS !!!!!!!!HOW IS THAT I'm TRYING SO HARD TO GET MY SCORE IN THE HIGH 700, WHAT CAN I DO?

Credit Score

The only reason I can think of that the derogatory removal dropped your score is that it lowered your number of overall accounts. I would not worry about that at all. Work to get your credit utilization to 20% or less, it does make a big diffference. That should also bring your debt to income down. In my case I reduced my credit utilization from 35% to 18% and it has made a 30 point difference almost overnight. Keep your inquiries down as they affect your score for a year and stay on your report for two years. Pull a copy of your credit report and see if there are any derogatory entries that can be disputed and ultimately deleted. That makes a huge difference as well. Stick to it, you'll see results in the short term.