Question

coffeeboy11

I need help in what to do with only one creditor
I have settled with all of my accounts. I have one that I can't figure out it is with LVNV Funding. I don't know what this account is. They say it is a particular credit card that shows no where in my credit history. It will be 5 years in August that they are re dating this account. I absolutely do not know what to do. After August is it over for statute of limitations in Iowa? I think it may be a credit card my wife took out, but cannot prove it. This company (LVNV Funding) has re-aged this account every few months. I am afraid. what do I do?

Most Helpful Response

File a dispute with the credit bureau reporting this.  If LVNV sends you a letter trying to collect, send them a letter asking for "Validation of the debt" (which they will not be able to provide BTW).  They are scumbag junk debt buyers.

coffeeboy11

Oh yes, why do you think they would not be able to validate?

Thanks another question

If this was actually a card my ex wife opened in my name, I am not sure. Would it be best to let the statute of limitation run out and then do what you suggest? Can they re-age the account all the time like they do? The balance has sky rocketed! I watch it on equifax all the time. This one really scares me. I believe in September the statute will be up 5 years + 1 month. They are my only blemish right now.