I need help....
I now know the importance of good credit after years of ignorance i've finally hit rock bottom. Im not sure what is the best option for me... Struggle, Bankruptcy (I am really against this but my back is against the wall). I got a credit card when i was 19 and failed to pay because i was immature and didn't fully grasp the concept. I ended up with a wage garnishment so yes it did get paid back but its still a mark on my credit score. I have a car loan that i do pay on time every month (had to have a cosigner) but i need to raise my credit score and im not sure how to do it because i can't get a credit card (550 transunion) and also i allowed a few medical accounts to go into collections basically because i was scared to ask for help. I dont have the money to put down on a secured credit card because im trying to pay away the debts in collections. I would like to but a home in the next 2 years with a credit score at least close to 750. Is this possible? How? I also have a judgement on my record this truly was not my fault and its bs that it's there a lady held onto checks for 2 years and decided to cash them to an account i had closed. they bounced and she went to the courts. I paid the judgement in full. I would have paid her if she just came to me but i never knew until i got served with the legal papers....... Im in deep but hopefully theres something i can do to turn my life around...... My girlfriend has agreed to put me on as an authorized user to one of her credit cards, i will not have a card, i will not use it, but she has really good credit and i read it may help. Any other suggests are appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

750 not likely at all

Raising your score 200 points in two years is not likely.  I am not sure how you plan on buying a house if you cant even come up with funds for sa secured card.  Seems to be a disconnect there.  You didnt elaborate on the amount of the medical bills.  Bankruptcy should be an absolute last resort as it will affect your credit for ten years.   So if you go that route, forget the house purchase notion.

FicoAgnostic gave you great advice.  You will need to patient and take small steps and you will get to where you want to be.  Credit csn be damaged pretty quicklu but takes time to heal.

Good luck.