Question

TBSS17

I need an auto loan for a second car-its used from private owner. What do you suggest??
I want to buy a vehicle from a private owner. The vehicle is an 2008 Chevy trailblazer SS and I would need about 12,000. I am putting 5500 down. Where could I go for a low interest loan.

Consider The Different Factors

There is a lot that goes into an Auto Loan decision. I'm personally shopping around for a newer used car right now and have tried to be smart and informed about the subject. A post that I found helpful was from this nonprofit organization, More Than Wheels: http://blog.morethanwheels.info/2014/05/14/5simpledecisionscouldsaveyouthousands/

auto loan

what company should i try to refiance 2005 with score of around 500.

grwndzero

Check out RateGenius.com

I used them in January, my score at the time was around 550.  They were able to find a lender for me that was able to drop my current rate from 16% to 4.75% saving me $141 a month off my payments.

The lender they found for me was through Arizona Central Credit Union. Did not need to be a member.  They as you guessed it are in Arizona, I am located in CA. But still got the deal to work.

You can try peer to peer lending, such as prosper.com or lending club.

best rates

In general, local credit unions often offer the best rates for auto loans. In some instancea, other national banks, such as Wells Fargo and Chase are also competitive.