Question

oo7russ

I need a credit card to handle my work expenses, how can I qualify?
I have personal credit cards with relatively low credit limits. I am forced to use my personal cards for my expenses for work and get reimbursed about 3 weeks later. Meanwhile my score goes down since I am nearly utilizing all of my credit. Is there a card I can get which is dedicated to travel that wont spank my score? I have worked hard to rebuild my credit after bankruptcy and recently bought a house. I would like to continue building a positive score without taking a hit every month, plus possibly earn miles and rewards.

Go for a secured credit card

You can apply for a secured credit card; several banks have an option like that (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc.). On those you basically make a deposit from $300 to $3,000 (depending on the bank) and the bank will freeze that money. When you are approved, you'll receive a credit card with a credit line with the same amount of your deposit. Usually after a year or so, if you have been using your card wisely, the bank will return your deposit and "unsecure" your credit card (this step is important, because then you are subject to a credit line increase, be able to get a better credit card or deals you didn't have before).

If you don't want to spend so much money, the other option is just wait for an offer. You'll start receiving offers by mail from the banks. When your credit age is old enough, you'll be able to get requests for better credit cards. It happened to me when I received an offer from Citi Bank.

I hope this works for you.