Question

bindababy

I lost my job and cannot pay on my credit cards and med. bills what can I do

Most Helpful Response

Paying Your Bills

I agree with jrhenry11:  stop using the cards immediately.  But I would also suggest writing each of your creditors and explaining your situation.  They may assist by removing late charges--one of my creditors did that for me.  Let them know that you are actively seeking an income and will make payments as soon as possible.  Also ask if there is anyway they can lower your payments to a more reasonable amount.  Or check to see if they have any other programs that may help you.

I wish you luck.

STOP using your cards IMMEDIATELY and make atleast the minimum payment every month (to save your credit) more if you can afford it so intrest doesnt hurt you so much....or say to hell with it all declare bankruptcy and have your score drop 100+ points