Question

Str8Lacd

I lost my home in 2003. How long does a foreclosure stay on my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Foreclosure and Bankruptsy

I lost my home to foreclosure the end of 2007, and had to file bankruptsy the following May due to job loss and medical issues.  I thought I would never be able to buy a home again.  With my husbands credit ( which was fair - good range ) and my income we were able to buy a home in 2012.  Our credit scores are up in the "GOOD Range" now.  Don't get discouaged like I did.  Time will clear the slate.  Be patient.  Get one credit card even if it i secured and work on  paying it diligently.  Days will ge brighter !

7-10 years and you can't buy a new home for atleast 2 years