Question

sum001

I lost 45 points because my credit Card Auto-payment wasn't made on due date, how to get score back?
I have a chase freedom Credit Card, have it since about 6 months, since i received it, i set my account on auto-payment to pay the full balance on the due date every month, the problem, this April, the payment wasn't made automatically as it should, i just realized that my credit score dropped by 45 points because the report here on my credit karma account is showing it as a late payment.
what should i do? call the bank or the credit bureaus? is it possible for me to get back the points i lost since what happened wasn't of my fault as i am setting my credit card account on auto-payment?
Thanks

Most Helpful Response

unfortunately you relied to much on technology to take care of you.....YOUR AT FAULT only thing you can do is not miss another payment set the "auto-pay" to a week earlier and set reminders on your phone as an alarm to remind you then check to make sure it went through if soesn';t do it manual how hard is to click a few buttons every month.......I have 7 different accounts I pay every month not as much as some people but more thn most and never missed a single one because my 769 score is that important it saves me $$$ on large purchses such as home

UPDATE

I contacted the bank, they said that there was no mistake, my autopay didn't proceed because my balance was $0.00 so basically i lost 45 points for no reason?? last activity on my credit report says "a previously unused credit card now has a balance" what does it mean??