Question

johnkthedj

i lost 30+ points using a Fingerhut account. immediately paid it down, did not get points back. Why?
the first purchase with Fingerhut was counted as an account. The second purchase was counted as a credit card, and I lost over 30 points because I purchased my limit, not knowing it was going to be counted differently. Fingerhut is not a credit card. I paid it down to under 30%, but did not get points back. Why? I immediately corrected the issue the points were taken for, but did not get them back. What can I do?

Bucketing.  You can Google to do research on it.  In any case, consider the relevance of the score that you're worried about.