Question

Posted in Saving Money

1492haha

I live on 404.36 a month, How do I get ahead. I,m 61 not on ssi or anything else.
My rent is 300.00. I work 12 hr,s a week, plus buss fare to and from work full fare. And inter net., so I can look for part time work. This is not working,HELP!!

Most Helpful Response

Seems to me there should be at least a reduced rate for bus fares if you're 60, have you asked about that?  Can you take in work from home for extra income (i.e. ironing, laundry, needlework, babysitting, house cleaning).  Go to AARP website, they have some good suggestions for seniors such as ourselves and have a list of companies that hire us highly experienced folk. Also, Clark Howard has a website with legitimate ways to earn money from home w/internet.  Just Google Clark Howard.  Lastly, save your cash for your bills, take full advantage of all your community has to offer (i.e. get some groceries from a local food pantry, churches etc.).  Contact your local United Way Agency for advice, and you should also have some county office for assistance for the elderly (I tried so hard not to use that evil word!!).   Hang in there sweetie!

ask for more work hours. or retire early. Look up Dave Ramsey.com

1492haha

Can,t get more hr,s.

I can,t retire early, they tell me I,m too young and can still WORK