Question

EmmaBRA

I legally changed my name, and now my credit won't update. What should I do?
I changed my name in October, but since I changed my name on here, it won't update.

Most Helpful Response

You'll need to contact support@creditkarma.com

Pull your reports

Pull your credit reports and see if your new name shows up as an AKA (also known as)  Reporting is done by social security number so a name change shouldn't have anything to do with the accounts updating.  It shouldn't take more than 60 days for the info to filter through, Weather credit Karma updates info is another question. You may need to contact support for more info on this site and how to make that change.  It may be something in the algirithium that CK uses to protect your info. 

Good Luck